Tuesday, March 03, 2009

High school ten-year reunion is approaching, according to news posted on Facebook this weekend. I'm ambivalent about this event. Do I really want to revisit four years of my life that I didn't really care for the first time around? I have few friends from high school (and by few, I mean one with whom I am still in touch on a regular basis). I certainly don't feel obligated to attend, but it might be fun just to see how everyone fared after graduation. (Based on my keen observation, and with some help from Facebook, I know many have not accomplished much.)

Or, the occasion may serve as a time for reconciliations. I can think of a few people I've burned or been burned by, but holding out for such atonements may be futile.

Ultimately, my decision will hinge on my own availability (likely), location (definitely), and cost (absolutely). Leave it to our officers to let this event hang over their heads until the last possible minute.

1 comment:

  1. I've never figured out how those reunion thingys work. Who takes the time to plan that kind of stuff anyway? If you DO go, you should let me know how it goes...if it's like the horrors of those movie and TV scenes [haha]. Does the idea of a reunion make you feel alllllll grown up?

    ReplyDelete