Thursday, March 24, 2011

Only two weeks of maternity leave left... it's sad. I'll only have two months left to teach, but I can think of more relaxing ways to spend those two months. I'd much rather deal with an infant and a toddler than five classes of teenagers.

Mom has been back for five weeks, and we've had to do a lot of adjustment. There will be more adjustment when Dad comes home. The two of them are going to have a hard time getting used to the idea that the house isn't theirs anymore, as much as we'll have a hard time getting used to sharing the house with them. It's not so hard for me--I spent most of my life in this house--but I know it's been a bit rough for Ryan since Mom came home. We've cleaned and rearranged most of the house, and there's still a lot more to do. Eventually, I'd like to get to the point it really feels like our house. It'll help once we get all the bathrooms redone and we get some new furnishings--just little things here and there.

Dad is doing well. Doctors are optimistic. The entire ordeal has left my parents with a stronger relationship. Dad has definitely come out of this a much different person. I don't know quite how to describe this difference, but he's... different. He seems to enjoy life more, but I suppose that's only natural after you come back from almost dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment