Monday, January 11, 2010

Going in for the D&C this afternoon. Even though I'm prepared for it, I still have my fingers crossed--the spotting stopped on Saturday. As I've never experienced this before, I don't know if that's good or bad. It would be nice, and quite surprising, if it were good. :) I'm not getting my hopes up, for obvious reasons. I have grown to like the idea of being out of work most of this week. The worst part of this day is fasting. I am not allowed to eat or drink anything until after the procedure. I am starving and thirsty. Anyway, I'll have plenty of time to update later.

Update [5:00pm]: Everything went as well as possible. I was out as soon as they said I would feel tired; I don't remember anything after looking up at the ceiling in the OR. I woke up about 20 minutes later, but the nurse told me to sleep it off. I woke up around 2 and the nurse gave me something to drink. (Mind you, I had been fasting since midnight.) Other than some minor cramping, I felt fine. While she was discharging me, the nurse wagged her finger at me and said, "And no sex for two weeks." Haha, I don't know if it's even possible with the blood getting in the way. ;) Anyway, I look foward to week of relaxation with my Baby... and my brother's ugly little rat dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment