Monday, January 04, 2010

My OB was able to squeeze me in this afternoon. She couldn't see or feel anything out of the ordinary (other than the blood, obviously). She talked me through all the reasons this could be happening, like "threatened spontaneous abortion." She said the words as if I should feel reassured somehow that it wasn't a miscarriage in progress. I am scheduled to get an ultrasound tomorrow morning, which means I'll have to miss most of the day at work tomorrow (one of many days this month, sigh). Depending on the results, I'll either talk to her via phone from the radiology office with an "all clear, let's wait it out," or I'll be in her office Wednesday for a D&C if things aren't very good. I have my fingers crossed. I'm hoping that this is just normal spotting--she did tell me that most women who experience this type of spotting at this stage of the pregnancy go on to carry full term.

The good thing is I don't feel any pain or nausea, likely signs this is something I shouldn't be concerned about. I broke the news to Mom today; she too did not seem overly worried. She said it's fairly normal to experience bleeding early. She has experienced a few more pregnancies than I have, so I'll take her word for it.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you're preggers! Congratulations to you and Ryan! :D

    ReplyDelete