2 skunks, skinned and cleaned
1 tablespoon saltwater, to cover
2 cups bear fat or lard (holy shit, what?????)
2 egg yolks, beaten
3 cups milk or cream
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons baking powder
- Clean and wash the skunks, making sure that the scent glands are removed.
- Cut up into small serving pieces.
- Put a soup kettle on the stove and add the meat.
- Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat and boil until the meat is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove all the scum that rises to the surface.
- Make a batter by mixing together the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix real good until the batter is about like cake batter.
- Heat the bear fat or lard in a deep fryer to about 360 degrees.
- Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and then fry them in the deep fryer until golden brown.
- Drain well and serve.
Calculated for 1 serving
Recipe makes 3-4 servings
Calories from Fat 1344 (81%)
|Amount Per Serving||%RDA|
|Total Fat 149.4g||229%|
|Saturated Fat 74.7g||373%|
|Polyunsat. Fat 6.5g|
|Monounsat. Fat 61.0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|
|Vitamin A 535mcg||10%|
|Vitamin B6 0.2mg||8%|
|Vitamin B12 1.2mcg||20%|
|Vitamin C 3mg||6%|
|Vitamin E 4mcg||14%|
does that make you throw up a little? :X
we are a nation of fat bastards.